Network Connection: Must enable/disable network adapter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Justin, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Hi All,

    Every hour or so, my internet explorer seems to lose connection. I will

    get the standard "page cannot be displayed" window, as soon as I go and

    disable the network connection and then re-enable it, it works (for
    about another 2 hours, until I have to again disable/enable).

    I have a cable modem (the co-ax cable is not split), running through a
    wireless router. My pc is hard wired to the back of the wireless
    router. I have bought a new router and a new network card thinking it
    was a hardware error, but so far no postive results. Any clue ????
    Anyone???

    Thanks,

    Justin

    Justin, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Justin

    Jeff Prater Guest

    are you going through a proxy or tunneling through any programs?

    Jeff Prater, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Nada, no proxy, just your average broadband (time warner cable)

    Justin, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Justin

    Justin Guest

    As far as tunneling, I do have citrix, and a VPN-1 secure client
    installed for when I need to access my employers network, but this
    problem has been happening before I installed these.

    Thanks,

    Justin, Aug 6, 2006