    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!

    Trent©, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Adam Steiner

    Trent© Guest

    Are you sure the 'separate reasons'...whatever they are...aren't part
    of the problem?

    If not, Adam, my guess on how you solved the problem would be...

    1. Gateway address on the computers didn't match the address of the
    router...and yer missin' that somehow.

    2. Bad router. And, yes...it is possible to have 2 bad
    routers...although rare.

    Anyway...glad you got it.

    Trent©, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Adam Steiner

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Exactly, so if he is assigning static IP addresses (which means DHCP is
    irrelevant) what difference does anything about DHCP have to do with
    anything?

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Adam Steiner

    Adam Steiner Guest

    Yep, the seperate reasons weren't part of the problem. It's rare to get 2
    bad routers, even rarer to get 3...I tried a DLink also and it didn't work.

    Adam Steiner, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Adam Steiner

    Trent© Guest

    Why are you jumping around with all these questions?

    Trent©, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Adam Steiner

    mcp6453 Guest

    I have seen this problem three times. In the first instance, the problem
    was a bad router. In the second and third instances, it was caused by
    viruses. Double check your AV software with a free online scan from
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com.

    mcp6453, Jan 28, 2004