    How can I overcome this error
    My ultimate aim is to download Netscape communcator to learn web design
    Any constructive comments would be most welcome

    belto, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Netscape? What version? The Netscape suite is very old. Also has a
    bunch of AOL stuff embedded within. I'd suggest you update to SeaMonkey,
    the newest suite version from of Mozilla. That is if you want the
    suite...
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/
    Are you planning to use the Composer to write web pages? You don't need
    the suite for that. There is a stand-alone version called NVu.
    http://nvu.com/

    NVu is a fairly good editor for beginner level web page creators, but
    for learning design? Design is an art, not easily taught by any editor.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 3, 2006

  3. belto

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:53:29 GMT, belto wrote:

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    That's what the installer is called now, set-up.exe?

    It's still downloading :)

    Corrupt file, try the d/l again. It's only 658K.

    A firewall isn't stopping it calling out is it.

    Get it from another source. Try http://browsers.evolt.org/ might not
    have latest version.

    Get the full installer 18MB, not the setup file, you are on cable
    anyway.
    http://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape8/english/8.1/windows/win32/nsb-install-8-1.exe
    or others from the archived site
    http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/download/archive.jsp

    From a magazine cover CD.
    It's Netscape Browser now isn't it? Haven't seen it called communicator
    for a while, last time I looked the Communicator link off the Netscape
    site didn't work :)
    Not quite the worst move, but could be better.

    You will need Notepad / some thing like Ultraedit and several or all of
    IE, Netscape, Opera, Mozilla , Lynx.

    Search past posts in 24HSHD ,

    html author:why?

    There are several posts with lots of links to newsgroups, guides , tools
    and tutorials etc.

    BTW I hope you mean web design, rather then HTML as it and all the other
    scripting tools have nothing to do with design. Many sites use HTML and
    bells and whistles but the design is crap.

    Me

    why?, Feb 3, 2006
  4. belto

    Plato Guest

    685K is NOT a total install program for NS.

    Plato, Feb 3, 2006
  5. belto

    Plato Guest

    What version of Netscape?

    Plato, Feb 3, 2006
  6. belto

    belto Guest

    Being a newbie I hope this reaches all the participnts who reponded to
    my request for help
    Great, advanced my Knowledge no ends, at least I think it will from
    all the new links plenty of reading and exploring.

    belto, Feb 3, 2006