    Diagnose Connection Problems

    I don't know how to fix this. Can I redownload IE7.0, or should I go
    back to IE6? Does anyone know how to fix this?

    henrichs_1, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Start/Windows Update
    Allow scan, when complete
    Click "Optional" updates, select all,
    or at least patches/hotfixes that pertain to IE.
    When complete - Reboot

    Ancient Trojan, Feb 18, 2007

  3. henrichs_1

    mdp Guest

    Did IE7 ever work? Do you have software or other firewall that prevents
    outgoing traffic? Did you recently change any configuration, HW or SW?

    mdp, Feb 18, 2007
  4. henrichs_1

    Dev Guest

    It is either being used via a proxy server which doesn't work OR you have it
    blocked in your firewall. IE6 is unlikely to work either at the moment
    until you fix the problem.

    Dev, Feb 18, 2007
  5. On this point, 6.1 is _extremely_ old. There has been a dearth of
    security (and function) updates since 6.1 was issued.

    What you should do is update to the latest suite product, now called
    SeaMonkey. Installing it will not interfere with 6.1 or any other
    browsers or email clients you may have installed.

    (Netscape 8.x is browser-only, and uses a fairly old Firefox engine.)

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2007
  6. Netscape 6 is _seriously_ outdated. Download Firefox instead.
    When you open IE preferences - connections, are the connection properties
    fine? Do you even need that one, or should LAN settings apply?
    What if you type or paste http://63.245.213.11 into your IE address line?

    You may either have a DNS problem or your connection settings for IE are
    b0rked.

    Walter Mautner, Feb 18, 2007