    It line appears up but no traffic is going access it as pings to the remote
    gateway are all dropped.

    Suggestions? Or do you need more information?

    Gary Wardell, Nov 17, 2007

  2. Gary Wardell

    bobmct Guest

    These routers are quite simple to setup and their defaults will
    generally get you going.

    If you want to go back to factory defaults there are two ways.

    1) if you can login to the router (telnet 192.168.1.1) then go to the
    utilities menu and select the reset to factory option.

    2) if you can't then with the unit powered off, insert a paperclip
    into the reset hole on the back near the power cord and while pressing
    it in power on the unit. Hold the reset for about 10 seconds and you
    should see the red light come on in the front then go through an
    all-light sequence.

    From this point on try all the defaults and you should get a
    connection.

    If this doesn't work then please provide more information about your
    config or what you are trying to do or have already done? Also, was
    this unit working in this connection before?

    bobmct, Nov 17, 2007

  3. Gary Wardell

    Gary Wardell Guest

    Hi,

    Just thought I would leave an update.

    I have one setting wrong, The router defaulted to a routed configuration,
    and I had always had a routed configuration before. But this Verizon
    connection needed a bridged configuration.

    After changing it to bridged I got pings to respond, although it lost about
    10% of the ping packets.

    I borrowed a router of the same model and loaded the configuration into it
    and it seems to work normally so it looks like I have a bad router.

    Gary

    Gary Wardell, Nov 29, 2007