Netgear wireless WPN824 router admin via IE6: "The page cannot be displayed"

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Thomas G. Marshall, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. I've asked this question a few places, and have ended up hearing crickets in
    the background, so now I'm here.

    Netgear wireless router WPN824 / Windows XP SP2 / IE6 / Verizon DSL(not that
    that should matter
    for this question).

    When I connect to my WPN824 (RangeMax) router via Internet Explorer 6,
    I get the SmartWizard pages usually ok, but when I try to change some
    of the settings I get:

    The page cannot be displayed

    For example, I go to:

    Advanced-->Wireless Settings-->Setup Access List

    And add a mac address to filter to, it will give me the "updating
    settings" progress bar, and then instead of the page again it will give
    me the cannot be displayed error.

    I tried setting the IE keep-alive timeout to 120 seconds, on the off
    chance that it was timing out IE, but it did not help.

    This happens on many of the settings. It's driving me nuts, sometimes
    hitting F5 and reloading the smartwizard pages shows that the changes
    had not taken effect.

    Pop-ups are not blocked.

    Any ideas???

    Thanks.

    Thomas G. Marshall, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Thomas G. Marshall

    Guest Guest

    Take a look at networkmagic.com or .net i can remember, it worked for me. I
    have verizon dsl and wireless router WGT624 by netgear. Lap Top wireless
    desk top direct connect. I sought from dell 2 hr's on the phone (no real
    help), microsoft $35.00 i did not pay. Networkmagic worked in 10 min.
    Enjoy!!!! this is a must for home networks eazy and fast and simple all in
    one. And tech support line is not busy if you need it (but i doubt it).

    Guest, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Thomas G. Marshall

    N. Miller Guest

    What about security permissions. SOHO routers usually rely on JavaScript
    for the web access configuration pages to function.

    BTW, I did see the subject line in another group. I passed it by, then,
    because I don't have a Netgear WPN824, and know that I likely wouldn't be
    able to help with a WPN824 specific problem. Had you left out the model
    number, I would have jumped in sooner. The subject line should outline the
    problem, but the details should be reserved for the body of the post. Say,
    "Router configuration pages don't accept input", or the like.

    N. Miller, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Thomas G. Marshall

    Quaoar Guest

    It is relatively common that people will not respond to a cross-posted
    query.

    Quaoar, Aug 3, 2005
  5. Quaoar coughed up:

    That is one of the biggest myths in all of usenet. Through trial and error,
    I've discovered that I get the most responses by cross posting, usually to
    only 2 groups.

    Thomas G. Marshall, Aug 3, 2005