    site seems to be deliberately designed to be hard to use so people will
    be forced to pay for their support. Anyone have suggestions on how I
    might go about getting a new computer added to the wireless network?

    doctoroe, Feb 27, 2006

  2. doctoroe

    doS Guest

    the same way you added the older pc's.

    doS, Feb 27, 2006

  3. What? You find out what channel the router is using. You find out what WEP
    or WPA key is being used by the router. You find out the SSID the router is
    using. You set the wireless NIC to match the settings just like the other
    wireless NIC is matching the settings on the router that is accessing the
    router currently and successfully.

    You may want to take note on this too.

    http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/wireless/a/aa112203_2.htm

    I pretty sure that Netgear has a support knowledge base at their Website
    that will explain the howto(s).

    Duane :)

    K-Man hater Duane, Feb 27, 2006
  4. They come with a CD, and a nice PDF or html tutorial. I bet you even lost
    your router login credentials, messie.
    It's not them charging, they are forced to collect the stooopid- or
    dumbass-tax, by law.

    Walter Mautner, Feb 27, 2006
  5. doctoroe

    Meat Plow Guest

    The router in default configuration should configure the new computer for
    you. And you sound to stupid to change its default config.

    Meat Plow, Feb 27, 2006