    complaints
    about the unit.
    ????????

    Nottoman, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Welcome to the Netgear club.
    I've exchanged both my router and WiFi card 3 times each ... eventually just ran a
    CAT5 cable as the WiFi never did work properly.
    Lucky for me I went for the wired/wireless option ;-)

    Use.Netuser.de, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Nottoman

    Fred Kasner Guest

    My Netgear wired/wireless never could get connected wirelessly. Works fine
    wired and I have three puters wired into it. Could even get one of the puters
    to connect with it in Windws Me and Suse Linux 8.2
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Nottoman

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    netgear WGR614v4 has both wired ports and wireless G/B
    no encryption used, no other RF in the same frequency range (2.4ghz)
    3 notebooks with built in wireless B, 2 with wireless G
    2 servers wired.
    uptime about 6 months and was rebooted 4x from power outages
    signal strength varies because the mounting is not optimal (50ft range)

    more problems with linksys/cisco routers of the same price range.
    fixed with bios update.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Oct 5, 2004
  5. I must have lucked out with my MR814 - it worked fine, but my DM602
    modem didn't. Had to return the first one: it failed to work out of
    the box, but the second one (came by courier the next day) has been
    working fine. From the reports, there does seem to be a high
    proportion of failed units out of the box - I'd say the quality
    control testing is not what it should be, but at least they seem to
    replace failed units quickly.

    Peter Wilkins, Oct 6, 2004