    The 3rd desktop with the Asus PCI card does not get a signal at all, even though it is the most up to date and fastest computer of the 3.

    All run on Windows XP.

    Any ideas?

    Comcast Newsgroups, Sep 21, 2007

  2. Hi
    The MR314 is 811b is rather an old device.
    20 feet with a wall in the way can be a problem if the unit is not working
    well any more, and or the Antennae of the Router or the computer are in a
    position that blocks the signal.
    Updated or fast computer is a very nice thing to have but it has nothing to
    do with the Wireless connection and its signal.
    Put the computer that does not seem to work next to the Router. If it works
    you have do not have signal at the computer regular location. If it does not
    work at close proximity this might help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    These pages describe the most common method to extend Wireless coverage.
    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Are the 2 above items compatible? The netgear wireless MR314 is 811b, 11
    MBps thruput, and the ASUS PCI cards are just bought 2 weeks ago. They are
    internal cards with the small antenna.

    I get with one desktop which has this Asus card a very low signal, even
    though the computer is only maximum 20 feet away and only an internal wall,
    no electrical wires or plumbing in it, separates the 2 computers.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 21, 2007

  3. Thanks for excellent hyperlinks. I went to some and will recommend them to
    my daughter, who has the Netgear and problem.

    Thanks again.

    Comcast Newsgroups, Sep 21, 2007