    My ISP is BT Broadband

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Dave

    david.holman, Mar 13, 2006

  2. david.holman

    Jim Guest

    Dave,

    In what way are your drawing a blank?

    As I understand it, you connect the TA612V to the LAN (rear of the DG814)
    and away you go. Of course unless it came pre-configured, you'll have to
    set up an IP address to match that of your existing LAN and configure the
    settings for sipgate. Where are youhaving problems with getting it going?

    Jim

    Jim, Mar 13, 2006

  3. david.holman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Don't know what the differences are between the 814 and the 834 but a
    quick search of Sipgate's help pages came up with this:

    https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.php?aktion=anzeigen&type=devices&rubrik=540

    May be of some help..? If not let me know and I'll see what I can find
    out.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 13, 2006
  4. david.holman

    david.holman Guest

    Thanks for the replies,
    you are correct in the setup (ta612v connected to rear of 814, I have
    PC connected into ethernet socket on 612)
    PC works ok to access internet, I can web browse to the 612 and check
    set up, which shows that the registration state is idle (help pages say
    it should show "success")
    it also should show the phone number set up with my sipgate account.
    According to the help pages this would be due to the 612 unable to
    connect to internet or has not connected to voip server.
    I have checked the sipgate help page, it does show connection to a
    netgear 834, except the my 814 does not have the inbound services part
    Thanks
    Dave.

    david.holman, Mar 14, 2006