netgear FVS318G: can't do an SNMP SET into that thing?

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by pete, May 11, 2011.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    We need to SET info into some objects in the FVS318G router using
    SNMP. We hear two main stories from various folks at Netgear:

    1. Yes, perfectly OK, go right ahead. Do all the SETs you want.

    2. Oh no you don't: you can only GET from the router, no SETs
    allowed.

    Can someone offer an authoritative answer to the question:

    Is the router fully SNMP manageable -- i.e., can I do a SET into it?
    Or is it only half-as-manageable as I'd hoped -- I cannot do a SET
    into the thing.

    Thanks!

    -- -- Pete

    pete, May 11, 2011