    I have rebooted and reset the DG834G, with a short period of the
    wireless working, however that's all disappeared again - any
    suggestions?

    80/20, Jan 6, 2008

  2. 80/20

    Conor Guest

    ITs fucked. Get another.

    Conor, Jan 6, 2008

  3. 80/20

    Rob Morley Guest

    41g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, 80/20
    says...
    Were the other wireless networks there before, or are they new? If
    they're new, or have been reconfigured, then it's quite likely to be
    interference from them that's giving you problems, so you could try
    changing channel or maybe relocating the router.

    Rob Morley, Jan 6, 2008
  4. 80/20

    Rob Morley Guest

    But Netgear more than most. :)

    Rob Morley, Jan 6, 2008
  5. 80/20

    80/20 Guest

    Yes been running on one for nearly 2 years and the other for 5 months.

    80/20, Jan 6, 2008
  6. In my experience the wireless AP of the DG834G can shut down if it is
    located too close to another radio source because of poor hardware design.
    Such an interfering radio source could be a cordless telephone base or
    even the WiFi client in one of those laptops. I recommend you keep a
    DG834G separated from any other radio transmitter by at least 3 metres.

    Tony

    Anthony R. Gold, Jan 6, 2008
  7. 80/20

    80/20 Guest

    Tony, thanks for the inspiration!

    I have had the DG834G in the same place for as long as I have had it
    and it hasn't suffered interference in the past, HOWEVER...

    I had a Logitech wireless mouse and recently it has been using
    batteries like theres no tomorrow, so I bought a Microsoft wireless
    mouse and it is only since connecting that to the system that I have
    been having the problems. Also the scroll wheel on the mouse seemed
    reluctant to work properly.

    I have now changed the channel on the DG834G and everything seems to
    be working fine again, including the mouse wheel.

    You live and learn!

    Cheers
    Steve

    80/20, Jan 7, 2008
  8. Glad you have some improvement but in my experience, channel numbers were
    not significant to this issue because the fault was in the front end of
    the DG834G before any detection of coding or channels took place. Indeed
    both DECT and USA cordless phone bases have induced this problem for me
    and those were operating on quite other frequency bands. If the problem
    reoccurs I suggest that physical separation is the only reliable cure.

    Tony

    Anthony R. Gold, Jan 7, 2008
  9. 80/20

    Jon Guest

    Change wireless channel.

    Jon, Jan 7, 2008
  10. You may find that your neighbour's is on the same channel and is
    interfering with yours.

    Change the channel and see if you keep the signal any better. If you
    stick the laptop next to the unit, does it stay up?

    Don C

    Donald Campbell, Jan 7, 2008
  11. 80/20

    80/20 Guest

    Interestingly enough 5 neighbours have various units and none were on
    the same channel as mine, they were on channels 1 & 6, mine was on 11.

    I've changed mine over to 6 and it does seem to clash with either the
    mouse or the other channel 6 units.

    Steve
    BTW
    3 of the neighbours units don't seem to be encripted.

    80/20, Jan 11, 2008
  12. 80/20

    80/20 Guest

    This line should read...
    I've changed mine over to 6 and it doesn't seem to clash with either
    the
    mouse or the other channel 6 units.

    I put it down to age!

    Steve