NETGEAR DG834 ADSL and CISCO VPN Client

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Alan, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Just an update. I was trying to get this router working with linux.
    It connected and authenticated ok, but then no traffic.

    Ping www.bbc.co.uk network unreachable. I've installed the latest
    CISCO VPN client:-

    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9741824 Nov 28 11:29 vpnclient-win-msi-4.0.3.A-k9.exe

    on a windows 2k machine and it works with this router (the router
    is not bad). I can't get internet sharing working yet, so I can use
    it as a gateway for my linux machines.

    This router is actually running linux GPL'd code (which I applaud).

    I just wish that CISCO would stop messing around with the 1001 frivolous
    Windows bugs they are working on, and just get the core functionality
    working for linux IBM machines trying to do real work.

    Alan

    Alan, Dec 1, 2003