    the start and end ports to 4662 which is the TCP setting for edonkey. Can
    anyone advise as to what may be wrong.
    TIA

    BIGEYE, Nov 7, 2004

  2. BIGEYE

    Arse Guest

    BIGEYE wrote

    Told the router the correct IP of your computer?
    Rebooted the router & system?

    Arse, Nov 7, 2004

  3. BIGEYE

    Brenty Guest

    u got a up to date server.met and pointed the ip of the router to the
    edonkey pc?

    Brenty, Nov 7, 2004
  4. BIGEYE

    Duane Arnold Guest

    If you have a host based FW on the computer and active on the machine, then
    you'll need to tell the FW too about the ports. In addition, the computer
    should be using a static IP from the router when doing port forwarding and
    not a DHCP IP, because the computer can get a different IP than what you
    configured when you configured port forwarding and that will stop it from
    working.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 7, 2004
  5. BIGEYE

    Timpson Guest

    thats pants duane

    http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q4/netgear-dg814.asp

    feck sake how hard is it to set up a router nowadays

    Timpson, Nov 8, 2004
  6. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    Sorted. First time I have had reachable in the status bar. I needed to
    restart the modem after setting up the port forwarding.
    Thanks to all that helped.

    BIGEYE, Nov 8, 2004
  7. BIGEYE

    DiskKoppy Guest

    Ah-ha, that might be why my port forwarding hasn't been working with my
    Netgear Router. It doesn't mention a reboot in any of the documentation!
    Darn, I'm going to have to stop my downloads for a few minutes.

    DK.

    DiskKoppy, Nov 8, 2004
  8. BIGEYE

    zero Guest

    duane is right - if you have more than 1 pc connected to the router the i.p.
    can change each time
    depending on which one connects first

    i know - i was that man . . .

    until somebody explained the fixed i.p. fix

    zero, Nov 8, 2004
  9. BIGEYE

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Thank you!