    volume.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

    Kirk Frei, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Kirk Frei

    Phisherman Guest

    Usually it takes 3 or 4 days for Netflix to get my returns.
    Occasionally they will get a return in 2 days. What takes so long is
    to replace a damaged DVD.

    Phisherman, Jun 29, 2006

  3. Kirk Frei

    Beavis Guest

    That was when I finally canceled Netflix. I *knew* they were
    deliberately screwing with my arrival dates. It wasn't the post office,
    of that I'm certain.

    How can I be sure?

    Because I put two DVDs in the *same* red envelope, and their "arrival
    dates" were TWO DAYS APART.

    Further, I had "Wedding Crashers" on my list for two *months* up until I
    canceled, and it never left Long Wait status. As soon as I was
    apparently flagged as a heavy user, no new releases were available to me.

    If Netflix wants to advertise, say, 15 DVDs a month for $19.95 without
    throttling, I'll consider signing up again. (It'd work just like the
    two-at-a-time, four-a-month-max plan.)

    But advertising "unlimited" with no intention of providing it to those
    who actually would use it? No way. I now know better.

    Beavis, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Kirk Frei

    skip Guest

    Is netflix still in business. amazing

    skip, Jun 29, 2006
  5. Kirk Frei

    Fish! Guest

    do people still RENT DVD's?

    Fish!, Jun 29, 2006
  6. Not saying your weren't throttled, because I believe they do throttle
    evil "heavy users." But sometimes the post office makes a difference.
    If I mail my discs from home they always take three or four business
    days to arrive back at Netflix (though all their discs to me get here
    in 2 days). Now if I mail my discs from the house of a relative who
    lives 55 miles FURTHER away than I do, they get there in 2 days like
    clockwork. The difference is the mail goes through 2 different USPS
    sorting centers. I live in postal "dead zone." Sucks to be me.

    -beaumon

    lorincantrell, Jun 29, 2006
  7. Kirk Frei

    Phisherman Guest

    Do people watch DVDs more than once?

    Phisherman, Jun 29, 2006
  8. Kirk Frei

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    They didn't screw you. If you notice the little window on the back of the
    mailer, there is a bar code. Whatever disc is inside can be scanned and
    received immediately by scanning the barcode. This generates a "Received
    Date" for that disc. The disc is then sent to be sorted an RTS (returned to
    stock. When the mailer is opened, the second disk is now available for
    scanning and is "received". The time differential between the first scan
    and the 2nd scan can be up to 3 days.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 29, 2006
  9. Kirk Frei

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Renting is a great way to tell if you want to spend the money to add that
    DVD to your collection. If you rent it and decide you don't like it, your
    not out anything. If you buy a DVD and don't like it, you're out the cost
    of the DVD.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 29, 2006
  10. Kirk Frei

    Bob Guest

    I managed to get 25 DVDs in the month of May. I put the returns in my
    mailbox with the flag up and the letter carrier took them to the PO
    for me, thereby saving gasoline. If they had not throttled me, I would
    have gotten 27.

    Bob, Jun 29, 2006
  11. Kirk Frei

    Bob Guest

    That is a stated policy. I discussed it with a live customer support
    representative. The only way to bust the cycle is to unsubscribe for a
    while - a couple months. Then your average will drop enough for you to
    get new releases. It worked for me.

    If you can stomach BlockBuster you can alternate between them and NF.
    What about those who only use 10 per month? What are you going to do
    for the fact that they missed out on 5 DVDs?

    Bob, Jun 29, 2006
  12. Kirk Frei

    Bob Guest

    Your postal carrier is taking them home to watch.

    Bob, Jun 29, 2006
  13. Kirk Frei

    Bob Guest

    In many instances it is the only way to get what you want. Torrents do
    not have everything.

    Bob, Jun 29, 2006
  14. Kirk Frei

    Bob Guest

    Yes. For example I watched the complete Battlestar Galactica series a
    second time recently.

    I watched The Matrix 27 times.

    Bob, Jun 29, 2006
  15. Kirk Frei

    Bob Guest

    And if you rent it and copy it, like most people do, you are only out
    the rental cost.

    Bob, Jun 29, 2006
  16. Kirk Frei

    Kingkeld Guest

    Strange. Lately, I have seen NO throttling of my movies. I used to get
    the "one day delay" throttle, but the last month's time they have not
    throttled me at all. I am on the 6 out plan and I have on average about
    10 movies every week. Sweet!

    Kingkeld, Jun 29, 2006
  17. Kirk Frei

    Phisherman Guest

    Well, if you watch a movie you don't like, you've wasted your time
    because you could have watched a movie that you like. And, there are
    a LOT of bad movies. Watching trailers can give a false sense that
    the movie is good because trailers take the very best parts of the
    movie.

    Phisherman, Jun 29, 2006
  18. Kirk Frei

    Marion Guest

    I have the same problem with the Cedar Rapids distribution outlet. It used
    to take one day and now it is two.
    I figured that they are just delayed scanning the disc back in by one day to
    save postage since it went up.

    Thanks,
    Marion

    Marion, Jun 29, 2006
  19. Kirk Frei

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    But if it *IS* a bad movie, and you rented it, you can *STOP* watching it
    (not waste time watching a movie that is bad), and your are only out a few
    cents on the rental.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 30, 2006
  20. I'm not sure what's geekier - watching it 27 times, or keeping such a precise
    count.

    Haddatten Huttendrut, Jul 1, 2006