Netbios disable hisself

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by pearl, Sep 12, 2005.

  1. pearl

    pearl Guest

    Hello,

    it's quietly some months I do have this problem.

    Netbios over TCP on my gigabit Marvell Yukon card is ENABLED by default.

    Firewall is Windows XP Pro SP2 integrated firewall.

    File and printer sharing rule for local LAN is enabled in Windows firewall.

    When I do boot the machine Netbios (port 139) is up as requested and
    working fine on the LAN side.

    After some hours, I don't know why, it seems Netbios (port 139) disable
    hisself!!!

    I scan the machine and I found port 139 is automagically :-(((( closed.

    Now, I double checked everything, Netbios is always On in card property
    sheet, XP2 SP2 firewall do have the rule for local file and printer
    sharing.

    So what happen, why this damn Netbios auto close hisself?

    Any help?

    pearl, Sep 12, 2005