    problem?

    Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

    Andrew != andrew, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Andrew != andrew

    licknlabia Guest

    um, no, net use you can supply a domain\username password combo, here's an
    example for ya.

    net use l: \\dropzone\ftproot /USER:[domain]\[username] password

    net use l: \\dropzone\ftproot /USER:dropzone\ftpcopy {[email protected]

    this maps the drive, I don't see any reason why you can't use this syntax in
    this situation.

    - peace.

    I've got an archaic piece of dos software that does not print correctly from
    win2000 or winXP. To resolve the problem I use the following command:

    net use lpt1: \\computername\printername /persistent:yes

    This works perfectly, except when attempting to access resources in another
    domain. To access the domain, I would normally have to provide a username
    and password; however, net use only asks for a password. Obviously this gets
    me nowhere, regardless of the password provided. How would I resolve this
    problem?

    Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

    licknlabia, Jul 12, 2003