    already have all my books for the MCAD exam, so I still
    want to get it, but will my MCAD in .NET be worthless
    once 2005 comes out? just wondering. Thanks

    Chris R, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Chris R

    Saga Guest

    I too have been thinking about this. Here is my personal
    tale, which may or may not be good for you or anyone
    else who reads this:

    VS 2005 will have some differences from previous .NET
    products, but not even close to the differences from VS6
    to VS .NET, so I did not consider certifying for .NET 2003
    as worhtless.

    VS2005 does not have a release date yet. Rumors have
    it that it will happen somewhere around August. The only
    official comment from MS is that it doesn;t plan to change
    the product's name.<g>

    There is no indication that MS will release new exams
    for VS 2005.

    If it did, it probably wouldn't happen for another 18 months
    (my guess).

    The certification for whatever it is worth, is worth more
    having it than not having it (out on a limb here<g>)

    So I asked myself, 'Should I really make a decision
    based on the above facts (or lack there of)?'

    Worse case scenario: MS updates the exams for VS2005.
    In any case this means retaking the tests in about 2 or 3 years,
    so by then the currents certs should have paid for themselves
    (even if that means just getting oohhs and ahhhs from colleagues
    after you brag about the certs).

    Although I have a ton of work right now, I would prepare and
    take the exams as soon as I could, as waiting for the new exams
    involves too many uncertaintities.

    Just my 2 cents<g> and as they say, IMHO.
    Saga

    Saga, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Chris R

    Chris R Guest

    THanks, that made ALOT of sence. after looking at VS2005
    it still lists Visual C#, Not Visual C# 2.0, not Visual
    C# .COM, Not Visual C# 2005, so I am hoping they do not
    change to much as I am planning on focusing on C# and
    doing VB.net at the same time but mostly C#. Glad someone
    else out there thought of this also, and I am hoping that
    it iwll be a while before the new Exams come out if they
    actually do plan on releasing new exams, just long enough
    for me to get my .NET done with. :D

    Chris R, Apr 6, 2005