    different, new material?

    Cheers,
    Steve

    Steve Henty, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Is there any way of knowing when (or if) the exams will start testing
    when the new exams are released.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Steve Henty

    Steve Henty Guest

    sorry, do we have any idea of when that might be?

    Steve Henty, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Hi Steve,

    No, and no one knows if there will actually be new exams for every version
    of VS.NET.

    Cindy Winegarden, Jan 23, 2005
  5. I don't know how it will be in the future, but from past experience...
    Visual Studio.Net had been released on 13.02.2002 (I think, but I might be
    wrong) and exam 70-306 becomes available on 31.05.2002 and related exam for
    MCSD was retired 30.06.2004 ...
    So if you think little you can infer that you have at least 2 year from now
    to finish your MCSD.NET, so go for it, and don't search for reasons for
    postponing learning of new technologies.

    Regards,
    Daniel

    Daniel Joskovski, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Steve Henty

    Eric Guest

    Daniel Joskovski wrote:

    Well said, Daniel.

    I'd like to add that it's not getting any easier in the future. VS 2005
    will be easier for developers to use, but there's going to be more
    material that can be used on the test. The tool's ease-of-use if offset
    by the much larger underlying framework.

    I told my son to learn it now and he'll be one step ahead after 2005 is
    released.

    It's hard enough to learn 2003 for first timers!

    Eric

    Eric, Jan 26, 2005