    question on your own damn thread, but that's me!

    What's the consensus on this?

    Jeff

    Jeff M. Ingram, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Jeff M. Ingram

    olfart Guest

    Better put on your asbestos shorts

    olfart, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Jeff M. Ingram

    Boomer Guest

    Sure it's rude... but that happens a lot on usenet.

    Boomer, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Jeff M. Ingram

    °Mike° Guest

    If a direct question, unrelated to the original, is asked
    in the middle of a thread, it is unlikely to get the same
    amount of attention as a question posed separately.

    Is it impolite? That's subjective.
    Is it bad form? Definitely.

    Often, though, threads have a habit of taking off on
    a tangent, and this is normal in usenet, just as it's
    normal for a conversation to drift, from time to time.

    °Mike°, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Jeff M. Ingram

    gangle Guest

    How many square inches of flesh does your scrotum
    occupy?

    gangle, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Jeff M. Ingram

    philo Guest

    Yes...it's impolite...but it's done a thousand times a day.

    Some poor soul will ask a question...

    then there will be a long thread of people discussing one of the OP's
    mis-spelled words.

    Usenet makes great entertainment I think...

    philo, Apr 28, 2004
  7. Jeff M. Ingram

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Does pickled herring taste like pickles or herring?

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 28, 2004
  8. Jeff M. Ingram

    gangle Guest

    You misspelled "misspelled."

    gangle, Apr 28, 2004
  9. Jeff M. Ingram

    Richard John Guest

    Does anyone know why M.....
    only joking ;)

    Richard John, Apr 28, 2004
  10. Jeff M. Ingram

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Jeff M. Ingram mused:

    | Net Etiquette ....

    It's also considered bad form to put your entire question in the title
    of your post.

    mhicaoidh, Apr 28, 2004
  11. Jeff M. Ingram

    °Mike° Guest