.NET 2.0 Web Apps / .NET 3.5 ASP.NET Apps - Differences/Similariti

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by london1919, Dec 8, 2008.

  1. london1919

    london1919 Guest

    Hi,

    I've so far read about these two exam paths when it comes to studying to be
    a web developer:

    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    Exams: 70-536, 70-528, 70-547(?)

    MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
    Exams: 70-536, 70-562
    Leading onto
    MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5
    Exams: 70-564

    What would be the difference between the two paths? I'm personally going to
    be doing the MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications exam path, but I
    was wondering what were differences/similarities between the Web Applications
    path and the ASP.NET path were.

    Thanks in advance,

    Rich.

    london1919, Dec 8, 2008

  2. "london1919" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've so far read about these two exam paths when it comes to studying to
    > be
    > a web developer:
    >
    > MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    > Exams: 70-536, 70-528, 70-547(?)
    >
    > MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
    > Exams: 70-536, 70-562
    > Leading onto
    > MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5
    > Exams: 70-564
    >
    > What would be the difference between the two paths?

    Other than the subject matter??? One sequence covers the .NET Framework
    version =2=, and ostensibly, all aspects of web development, the other
    covers the .NET Framework version =3.5= and only ASP.NET development.

    > I was wondering what were differences/similarities between the Web
    > Applications
    > path and the ASP.NET path were.

    I would suggest reading the examination objectives on the appropriate
    webpages.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-528.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-562.mspx

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com