nested subnet?

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by kp, Jun 17, 2007.

  1. kp

    kp Guest

    Hi

    My ISP has a switch somewhere near our apt complex and allots class-c
    static ip address to each subscriber. Connecting my laptop directly is
    fine... but if I connect via my Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router, I
    end having problems connecting to some websites.

    Most websites seem to load ok but they keep waiting to download an
    image here or something else there and the browser keeps a connection
    open... waiting for that thing forever. Even now, as I type this in
    google groups, my firefox 2.x has a message at the bottom: "waiting
    for www.google-analytics.com..."

    Here's the details that my ISP has given:
    my static ip: 192.168.16.89
    gateway: 192.168.16.1
    dns: 192.168.12.1

    Behind that, I have my subnet.. which is anything but 192.168.16.x...
    I tried 192.168.1.x, 192.168.2.x, and so on.. but I end up with this
    problem anyways.. I am hoping someone help me solve this problem if
    they have seen it before or give me some suggestions to debug it.

    kp, Jun 17, 2007