Nero Ultra Techie question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Larry B, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Larry B

    Larry B Guest

    I am in that familiar company of a rock and a hard spot.

    I am trying to use ATI's MMC 8.1 that came with my AIW 9000 card. I had Nero
    Ultra trial version on my W98Se computer but had uninstalled it. MMC
    crashes with an ATIMMC ipf in Conexc.dll when I attempt to use the TV Tuner.
    This is pretty well documented and have used the ATI's logme.txt to
    determine that there are 4 codecs that do not fully load when the crash
    occurs. The last of the 4 (and the most likely cause) is Nero Audio Encoder.

    I have contacted Nero and, so far, Tech Support's latest response is...
    "What is Nero Audio Encoder"? So much for that avenue of resolution. They
    suggested using the Nero Clean Tool but it came up empty and told me that it
    only works on v.5.

    I searched c: drive and the registry for "Nero Audio Encoder" and came up
    completely empty. I tried an applet called "graphedit". It finds all of the
    filters and codecs, and identifies them and their location (usually) for
    whatever nefarious purpose one has on his mind. In this case, however, it
    listed the Nero Audio Codec, but unlike all others listed, it did not
    indicate a location or path.

    I am stumped. I have exhaused forum searches on this, too. Any suggestions
    would be greatly appreciated.

    LarryB

    Larry B, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Larry B

    Guest Guest

    | I am in that familiar company of a rock and a hard spot.
    |
    | I am trying to use ATI's MMC 8.1 that came with my AIW 9000 card.

    ATI is now up to version 8.8 for its MultiMedia Center. Chances are that
    that will solve all of your problems...

    SB

    Guest, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Larry B

    Larry B Guest

    Sadly, I tried that, too. I installed/uninstalled 3x (clean uninstalls)
    including once with an 8.8 download, and just went back to 8.1 since I had
    it on CD.

    Thanks. LarryBb

    Larry B, Feb 7, 2004