    I've deleted Nero, used their software to clear the registry, used
    another cleanser to clean the registry, restarted and then reloaded, but
    the same thing happens. Any ideas?

    Gary, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Gary

    Bob B Guest

    Is the OEM version the software that came with your Sony drive and is the
    version 6 a retail version or a time limited package. ? Only a retail
    versions or an OEM version that you got with your drive will work unless you
    go to Nero and pay to upgrade your software.

    Bob B, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Gary

    Gary Danaher Guest

    The version 6 I have is an off the shelf, pay through the nose version.
    The 5.5 version is an oem for an earlier drive, but the updated version
    is supposed to work and has in the past, and the drive is on the
    supported list. I feel like I have something else installed casuing a
    problem, but can't figure out what. Nero doesn't do much about software
    conflicts on their web page. When I install either one, they both see
    the Sony DVD drive, but when I restart the computer neither version
    recognizes the Sony drive. Now you see it, now you don't.

    Gary Danaher, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Gary

    ICee Guest

    Installing ASPI drivers may help. Some drive and software combinations
    need them. You can D/L free here:
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...h+US&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y1EE21608

    ICee, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I'll answer my own question. The Sony software package included
    something called DLA--drive letter access that permited WinXP to format
    the dvd as a write/rewrite removable drive. With DLA enabled, Nero
    didn't like it. With DLA disabled, all seems to be well. I learned
    something new--perhaps another undocumented feature of Nero.

    Gary, Apr 15, 2004