NEIL ARMSTRONG & NASA - TOGETHER PERPETUATE MOON LANDING MYTH & DECEPTION

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by moonlandinghoaxreligious, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. [WHY IS NEIL ARMSTRONG SHY]
    Historian Douglas Brinkley calls him "our nation's most bashful
    Galahad."

    Author James Hansen has opened the door to Armstrong's life a little
    wider with "First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong." He recorded more
    than 50 hours of interviews with Armstrong and talked with about 125
    family members, friends and associates.

    [WHY IS NEIL ARMSTRONG VERY PRIVATE / SECRETIVE]
    Armstrong, 75, had rejected numerous requests to write his biography.
    The astronaut who once called himself a "nerdy engineer" finally
    accepted a proposal from Hansen, a history professor at Auburn
    University and a former NASA historian who talks his language.

    Hansen said his plan for the book and his credentials helped him earn
    Armstrong's trust.

    [WHY IS NEIL ARMSTRONG NOT HUMANISTIC?]
    "He can elaborate at length on technical issues," Hansen said. "When it
    comes to issues that are more involving personalities or human
    relationships, that's never been a great focus even from the time he
    was a boy."

    [WHY IS THERE SUCH ECCENTRIC ODDITY ABOUT PROCESS OF BOOK PUBLISHING
    DISPAYED BY NEIL ARMSTRONG?]
    Hansen said Armstrong quietly spread the word that it was OK for
    friends and associates to talk freely; that Armstrong read drafts of
    the book but did not demand approval rights; that he and Armstrong drew
    up a contract without involving lawyers; and that Armstrong will not
    personally benefit from the book.

    ['WHAT WOULD THEY SAY' HAD NEIL ARMSTRONG KEPT AVOIDING THE
    PARTNERED BOOK?]
    Armstrong's share of profits will go to his alma mater, Purdue
    University, for a space program archive.

    Hansen pitched the project to Armstrong in 1999. Interviews began in
    2001, and the book went on sale Oct. 18. Publisher Simon & Schuster
    said that more than 113,000 copies are in print.

    "Readers have been eager to learn more about Neil Armstrong for years,"
    said associate publisher Aileen Boyle. "As soon as the manuscript was
    complete, we published it as soon as possible."

    [WHAT IS NEIL ARMSTRONG HIDING - "NEVER FELT COMFORTABLE" MEETING
    PRESS, WRITERS & PUBLIC?]
    Armstrong has never felt comfortable with his celebrity, generated by a
    moon walk seen by a worldwide television audience estimated at 1
    billion.

    "Friends and colleagues, all of a sudden, looked at us, treated us
    slightly differently than they had months or years before when we were
    working together," he told "60 Minutes" in a recent interview. "I never
    quite understood that."

    [WHY DOES NEIL ARMSTRONG RIGOUROUSLY PUT HEAVY DEMANDS ?]
    Although CBS and Simon & Schuster, both owned by Viacom, encouraged
    Armstrong to do the interview, he agreed to it only as a favor to the
    author, Hansen said. A spokeswoman for the publisher said Armstrong is
    refusing all other requests.

    [NEIL ARMSTRONG FEARS SQUEALING ABOUT THE MOON HOAX IN UNSCRIPTED
    REMARKS]
    One of the reasons may be that Armstrong, a perfectionist, doesn't like
    the way he comes off in unscripted remarks. He gave his performance on
    "60 Minutes" a grade of C-minus, Hansen said.

    [WITNESSES SAY NEIL ARMSTRONG "REMOTE" TO THEM]
    In appearances just before and after the moon walk, Armstrong often
    seemed remote, even boring. Author Norman Mailer, who was interested in
    doing an Armstrong biography, wrote that Armstrong answered questions
    "with his characteristic mixture of modesty and technical arrogance, of
    apology and tightlipped superiority."

    [THE SECRETIVE CHARACTER OF NEIL ARMSTRONG & A SECRET PROJECT - THE
    PERFECT MATCH]
    Maybe, Hansen suggests, it was that remoteness, that ice
    water-in-the-veins quality, that made Armstrong the perfect choice to
    be the first man on the moon.

    [THE SECRET PROJECT THAT SPOILT BEIL ARMSTRONG'S FAMILY LIFE]
    But those qualities also kept him from close family relationships.
    Hansen's book offers the most candid look yet at situations Armstrong
    had never discussed - painful events, such as the death of his
    2-year-old daughter, Karen, of brain cancer in 1962, his lack of
    participation while his sons were growing up and his divorce from his
    first wife, Janet, after 38 years.

    Hansen came to know Armstrong in a way the public hasn't seen.

    ["SUSPECT" !]
    "He can be very sociable, very engaging," Hansen said. "He can almost
    be the life of the party. You would not suspect that."

    [NEIL ARMSTRONG'S 'FALSE EGO']
    Armstrong doesn't see himself as a recluse, though. He makes numerous
    appearances and presentations at aerospace conventions and other forums
    that interest him. He took questions from the audience at one such
    meeting in Malaysia in September, offering these thoughts on manned
    flight to Mars.

    [TAXATION, OUTSOURCING & GLOBALIZATION]
    "It will be expensive, it will take a lot of energy and a complex
    spacecraft," Armstrong said. "But I suspect that even though the
    various questions are difficult and many, they are not as difficult and
    many as those we faced when we started the Apollo (program) in 1961."

    [NASA & NEIL ARMSTRONG'S FALSE PROPAGANDA WORKS ]
    Hansen's book has been generally well received. At book signings in
    Ohio, where Armstrong grew up, there were large crowds, heavy - in a
    discouraging way, Hansen felt - in the demographic that saw the moon
    walk on television.

    "It's all from the generation that participated in it," Hansen said.
    "There are very few young people coming."

    He noted that two-thirds of the world's population was not alive in
    1969.

    [BOOK PERPETUATES THE MYTH & DECEPTION OF MOON LANDING]
    "I wrote the book for posterity, even more so than for folks today,"
    Hansen said. "I wanted a complete history, a complete record to be
    there for future generations. Some reviewers have criticized the book
    for being too detailed. If that's the biggest mistake I made, so be
    it."

    Publishers Weekly reveled in Hansen's attention to detail, such as
    Armstrong's heart rate during liftoff (146 beats a minute) and what a
    signed Armstrong letter fetched at auction ($2,500). "Rather than
    overwhelming, this accumulation of details gives flesh-and-blood
    reality to a man who is more icon than human," PW noted.

    Brinkley, writing for The New York Times, praised Hansen's effort as
    "brimming with groundbreaking research, fresh anecdotes and fair-minded
    analysis."

    "If nothing else, Hansen should be commended for decoding the enigmatic
    Armstrong: a space hero short on words but sky-high on Midwestern
    integrity," Brinkley wrote.

    http://groups.google.com/group/FOOLED

    MOON LANDING HOAX RELIGIOUS. People were fooled by higher authorities
    that were motivated by religion into believing the moon landing. This
    continues even to this day!

    moonlandinghoaxreligious, Dec 23, 2005

  2. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Paul Heslop Guest

    spherical hairy things

    Paul Heslop, Dec 23, 2005

  3. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    U-Know-Who Guest

    Fruitloop!

    U-Know-Who, Dec 23, 2005
  4. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Tesco News Guest

    Would you please stop posting this ridiculous sort of stuff to a serious NG
    about Photography. Try sending to one of the Groups for people like your
    selves with lower than average intelligence.

    Roy G

    Tesco News, Dec 24, 2005
  5. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Paul Heslop Guest

    If you look in the groups xposted to you will notice 2 relevant
    groups, the rest are just troll posts

    Paul Heslop, Dec 24, 2005
  6. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Tesco News Guest

    What?

    You mean there are really NGs for these kinds of idiotic discussions. Don't
    tell me the "jfk" at the end of that group is still about Dallas, and I
    thought the "Creationists" were Loonies. No wonder the "send $6" people
    think they might make a profit.

    Roy G

    Tesco News, Dec 25, 2005
  7. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Michael Gray Guest

    You left out the Nigerian Princes wanting a safe haven for their cash.
    Those gullible loonies who answer those letters, will feel left out
    now!

    Michael Gray, Dec 26, 2005
  8. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    lushange67 Guest

    lushange67, Jan 1, 2006
  9. Morons.

    Todd W. Vaughan, Jan 1, 2006
  10. Morons.

    Todd W. Vaughan, Jan 1, 2006
  11. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Dogfart Guest

    Dogfart, Jan 1, 2006

  12. Why would anyone waste his time clicking on a URL with such a stupid
    name? And why should anyone bother replying to someone who has such a
    stupid e-mail address?

    Anthony Marsh, Jan 1, 2006
  13. moonlandinghoaxreligious

    Dogfart Guest