    His Yorkie melted and trickled down the crack of his arse. Mind you, if
    you're a sweaty hairy arsed trucker masquerading as an IT consultant,
    what else would you expect.

    Clint Sharp, Apr 18, 2005

  2. RolYat

    GPC Guest

    <uk.comp.home-networking , Conor , >
    <>
    When he was on the freeserve newsgroups years ago I sometimes done the
    sock puppet routine and asked a faq type of question - heh heh heh :)

    GPC, Apr 18, 2005

  3. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    You haven't got a clue what I've done with my life. However I'm betting
    you're some saddo who's sat doing the same dead end job day in day out
    wishing for an end to the tedium.

    Conor, Apr 19, 2005
  4. RolYat

    Gerry Guest

    Do you ALWAYS rise to the bait?

    Gerry, Apr 19, 2005
  5. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    Pretty much so. Improving though - I've cut down on the four letter
    rants alot. Strange thing is that on one of the groups where I now
    seldom rise to the bait, other calmer members have stepped into my
    shoes.

    Conor, Apr 19, 2005
  6. RolYat

    Rob Morley Guest

    Presumably they feel that certain contributors need to be shouted at,
    and if you don't do it then someone else has to.

    Rob Morley, Apr 19, 2005
  7. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    Maybe. Sure has been strange to observe though.

    Conor, Apr 19, 2005
  8. RolYat

    RolYat Guest

    You got the wrong impression then; totally wrong.
    All likelihood?? Is your grey matter completely inaccessible?

    I have lived next door to this guy for nearly 20 years, he is the same
    with everything - lawn mower, car, TV, Hi-Fi, and much to my
    frustration, computers.

    I know him, and I know him well, you don't. He's a nice guy, albeit a
    big head, and I wanted to help him out. Period.

    As it happens, he is now running a 'secure' wireless network.

    RolYat, Apr 21, 2005
  9. RolYat

    RolYat Guest

    Someone might take a dislike to you acting in such an obnoxious,
    insulting and arrogant manner toward them, and then you find that you
    are subject to getting the shit kicked out of you by them and a few of
    their mates ....

    RolYat, Apr 21, 2005
  10. RolYat

    RolYat Guest

    Reasons being?

    I'm (was) trying to help the guy, but know that he will 'scoff' when I
    mention the matter to him.

    I might be ignorant to some facts, but arrogant?

    RolYat, Apr 21, 2005
  11. RolYat

    RolYat Guest

    I'm not professing to have that kind of knowledge though, am I?

    I do have limited knowledge Conor, am readily prepared to admit I don't
    know everything, and am pleased to learn more.

    Do you admit your shortcomings so easily, because you really do have
    several? I doubt it.
    How the **** is that arrogant?? Point scoring I don't give a shit with.
    How the **** you have attained opinion that is completely and utterly
    ridiculous.

    I want to let the bloke know that his network is being shown as
    insecure, and that what he needs to do to secure it is .... <insert
    reason here>
    Oh really? Well, i've met self-appointed cunts like you a lot, and
    there's not one who's been worth any more of my time. You fucking
    conceited, pompous wanker.

    *plonk*

    RolYat, Apr 21, 2005
  12. RolYat

    RolYat Guest

    You'll note I like to give back some of what they give, and to speak my
    mind. Personally, I feel I was 'attacked' without justification or
    provocation, and (perhaps?) unfortunately, I prefer to have my say in
    reply.

    I've since added 'rules' (not just a filter) to Gravity so I won't see
    their witterings across Usenet, period. Far better for all concerned.

    They can do the same AFAIC.

    </eot>

    RolYat, Apr 21, 2005
  13. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    Not very likely. The threat has been made so many times before and has
    yet to be followed up and I've dealt with people of a damned sight more
    violent persuasion than a keyboard jockey who needs to bring a car full
    of mates to give him some balls.

    Conor, Apr 22, 2005