    course, if you're not all that friendly, you might just land yourself in a
    lot of trouble.
    Hypocrisy?

    Treefrog, Apr 14, 2005

  2. RolYat

    Conor Turton Guest

    Hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet. Yeah right seeing as I'm
    the only Conor Turton on the electoral roll in the entire UK.

    Conor Turton, Apr 14, 2005

  3. RolYat

    Conor Turton Guest

    Hi!
    Who cares?

    Conor Turton, Apr 14, 2005
  4. RolYat

    Conor Turton Guest

    42.

    Conor Turton, Apr 14, 2005
  5. RolYat

    Dr Teeth Guest

    So arrogant you had to check, right?

    It's not something I'd advertise if I were you.

    Kerplunk - join all the other arrogant gits.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    Dr Teeth, Apr 15, 2005
  6. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    Why?

    Conor, Apr 15, 2005
  7. RolYat

    recursor Guest

    I take it you are fairly fixated on your own opinions then? Maybe you should
    change your nym to Dr Plonker.

    recursor, Apr 15, 2005
  8. RolYat

    Dr Teeth Guest

    Knock, knock!

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    Dr Teeth, Apr 15, 2005
  9. RolYat

    Dr Teeth Guest

    Just hate losers who label others as arrogant.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    Dr Teeth, Apr 15, 2005
  10. RolYat

    myWIFIzone Guest

    myWIFIzone, Apr 15, 2005
  11. RolYat

    myWIFIzone Guest

    you might suggest that your neighbour install our free WIFI internet
    access blocking software. Not a replacement for WEP/WPA but a lot less
    effort on his part. Download it from http://www.myWIFIzone.com

    myWIFIzone, Apr 15, 2005
  12. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    And?

    Conor, Apr 15, 2005
  13. RolYat

    Dave Mason Guest

    13DL159AD so where do you live?

    Dave Mason, Apr 15, 2005
  14. RolYat

    Dr. Compynei Guest

    I often sort out PC problems for friends and such like. One friend has ntl
    broadband, and he'd been over to scan got a wireless router and pcmcia card
    for his laptop.

    He asked me what seem like a strange question. He had a power cut (I think
    the tripswitch blew in the garage), whilst he was on his laptop. However,
    the power cut would of meant he would of lost power to the ntl cm, and
    router. However he claimed to still be surfing the net, and they were both
    definatley off.

    So I looked at his setup, and sure enough for about a month or so he had
    been using the neighbours connection which was totally insecure.

    Makes you wonder...

    Dr. Compynei, Apr 16, 2005
  15. RolYat

    Geoff Lane Guest

    Yes, inclined to agree with that, I have often deleted a file then
    recovered it to highlight security implications to someone.

    Geoff Lane

    Geoff Lane, Apr 16, 2005
  16. RolYat

    Geoff Lane Guest

    Maybe just say 'I see you've bought a belkin access point', that'll
    probably bring out some curiosity.

    Geoff Lane

    Geoff Lane, Apr 16, 2005
  17. Anothe reason other than the DHCP turned off is that he has a secure
    network which uses MAC filtering but does not hide the SSID? Also are
    you definately connected to the network? How do you know this?

    Andrew.

    Andrew Hodgson, Apr 16, 2005
  18. RolYat

    GB Guest

    Had a bad week, Conor?

    GB, Apr 17, 2005
  19. RolYat

    GPC Guest

    <uk.comp.home-networking , GB , >
    <4262dc4e$>
    Chris Buckley was his mentor if memory serves :)

    GPC, Apr 18, 2005
  20. RolYat

    Conor Guest

    Now there's a name I've not heard of in a long time.

    Conor, Apr 18, 2005