    offline.

    Does anyone know where I can obtain the latest Mitel SIP firmware?

    Thanks

    Rich, Nov 7, 2008

  2. Rich

    alexd Guest

    $ wget sipdnld.mitel.com
    --2008-11-07 23:19:11-- http://sipdnld.mitel.com/
    Resolving sipdnld.mitel.com... 216.191.234.138
    Connecting to sipdnld.mitel.com|216.191.234.138|:80... failed: Connection
    refused.

    Cute! It would be nice of them to put up a simple message of explanation if
    they're going to withdraw the service. OTOH, it may be down for
    maintenance.

    alexd, Nov 7, 2008

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Yes, there's a higlighted note at the top of this page -
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel+MiNET+to+SIP+Conversion that
    suggests that the site has been taken down.

    This kind of 'Iron Curtain' approach to support by Mitel wouldn't exactly
    persuade me to recommend them to a prospective client ;-) I don't think they
    are doing themselves any favours. At this rate the Mitel handsets will be
    binned and replaced with something more 'open'.

    Rich, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Rich

    marcpurd Guest

    Yeah and the kicker is that under the Firewall/Nat settings on the
    phones, the suggested discovery URL is http://sipdnld.mitel.com/Remote.shtml
    with the server down the phones don't get the public IP of the
    firewall they are behind and can/will run into problems there. I
    agree, when it comes time to buy new phones I won't be looking at
    Mitel, I'll go for the ones that have a history of providing firmware
    updates on their website.

    Marc.

    marcpurd, Nov 10, 2008