    with 4+mp shooting RAW?
    Can the photog be expected to provide a CD/DVD of all photos to choose
    enlargements/prints? Or do photogs keep digital files as they do negatives?

    Developwebsites, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Developwebsites

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Is there a business directory in NYC called the Yellow Pages?

    My Digital World:
    Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
    Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

    Disclaimer:
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Jan 20, 2005

  3. They do if they are smart and at least they get compensated for
    providing the service.

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    Gregory Blank, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Don't worry about what equipment they use, worry about the results. I
    would rather have a top photographer using a one time use camera than a
    dunce using the best professional digital.

    Negatives or prints can be scanned and made into a DVD if you like.

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Developwebsites

    Alan Meyer Guest

    like.

    Outstanding advice. There's a world of difference in the results that
    different photographers achieve.

    Ask the photographers to show their portfolios with examples of what
    they did at other weddings.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Jan 21, 2005
  6. Developwebsites

    Hunt Guest

    I'd look first at the prospective photographer's portfolios. If they do good,
    creative work, the actual equipment is way down the list. Express your needs,
    and see if they can handle it. Chances are if they are good (that portfolio)
    they can figure out how best to do the work. Don't get hung up on the gear -
    that is their job.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jan 21, 2005
  7. Developwebsites

    bob Guest

    (Developwebsites) wrote in

    You're looking for two different professionals if you want still and
    video as well. It doesn't matter what gear he uses, as long as you like
    the results.

    The business model most wedding photogs use seems stuck in the negative
    era -- do the shoot on the cheap and charge a lot for prints. The only
    way that can work is if he keeps the originals.

    Of course, all business transactions are open to negotiation.

    Bob

    bob, Jan 21, 2005