need to lookup master interface that inherit IP address to unnumbered interface via SNMP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tua, Oct 30, 2007.

  1. tua

    tua Guest

    Hi,

    I need to get information via SNMP about the master interface from
    which the other interface inherits its IP address.

    So if I configure this on a Cisco router

    interface loopback0
    ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
    interface Serial0
    ip unnumbered loopback0

    I need to get the ifindex or name of the master interface for Serial0
    like in this show command:

    P2>sh int s0
    Serial0 is up, line protocol is up
    Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback0 (10.0.0.1)

    I already searched several public and cisco MIBs and also did a grep
    over all RFCs for the word unnumbered near SNMP without any luck
    yet ...

    With kind regards,
    Marcus Kommnick at systeme dot de

    tua, Oct 30, 2007