    has the dirt cheapest unlimited long distance service?

    Thanks,
    Tom

    Thomas Miller, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Thomas Miller

    Dmitri Guest

    Thomas Miller wrote:

    If you want to ring an analog phone that's connected to a PSTN (POTS
    line), there is no way you can get around a VoIP/POTS gateway. If you only
    want to generate a ring on a PC that's connected to Internet, get yourself
    two Skype accounts and ring the other account all day long for free. As a
    by-product of this setup you'll also be able to actually talk to the other
    PC!
    Skype is easy to find: http://www.skype.com/
    Good luck!

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

    Dmitri, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Thanks.
    Can you tell me what the dirt cheapest VOIP provider that will do this?
    What VOIP providers are accessible through an API?

    thomasamillergoogle, Dec 7, 2004
  4. On a cisco router, check out the "csim start 'telephone number'"
    option...allows you to place a no-audio call through a gateway to test
    connectivity.

    53 byte enthusiast, Dec 7, 2004
  5. Thanks for the command. I googled for it and see that it is an
    undocumented command on the cisco router.

    My computer application that will use voip to take advantage of the
    "unlimited long distance for X dollars". The application will ring the
    phones of people who sign up using the csim start 'telephone number'
    command you informed me of.

    1) What is the cheapest cisco router that supports the csim start
    'telephone number' command?

    2) If my program is going to be issuing the commands, would it be
    better to have a PCI based cisco router or a standalone router?

    3) How will my program issue the csim start 'telephone number'
    command? telnet to the router and issue it? How do you reccommend I do
    this programatically?

    3) will vonage support the "csim start 'telephone number'" command?

    4) is there anybody you reccommend over vonage?

    5) any thoughts or suggestions?

    Thx,

    Tom

    thomasamillergoogle, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Thomas Miller

    m Guest

    Free world dial?

    no?

    need hardware or at least something.
    ok maybe not a great idea. I thought I would mention it

    m.

    m, Dec 11, 2004