need to find camera to enlarge print on pc monitor

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by dennis, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. dennis

    dennis Guest

    Hi All,
    I have an uncle who has very poor eyesight. He has a 21 inch monitor and I
    was thinking if I could find some kind of like webcam we could mount to read
    paper print ihen have it display the video on his monitor where he could
    read it (hopefully enlarged). The cameras I've seen so far have a fixed
    focal lenght and will not work.

    There is a cctv based enlarger using a camera and tv for about 2500 but he
    already has about 1500 invested in his pc and would like to maybe spend less
    and just buy a camera and software to acheive the same results.

    anybody find a suitable solution?

    Dennis Meissner
    dennis, Jun 27, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. dennis

    Brian Guest

    Have you tried scanning in the document then enlarging the print using a
    photo editor yet?
    Brian, Jun 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. dennis

    Robert Baer Guest

    As you may know, most modern browsers have an "accessability" option
    / control, which allows enlargement of the basic screen image.
    I have never tried that, but assume it would work for any image that
    a program would display.
    Perhaps you could try a cheap (under $100) digital camera, install
    the view/edit software for it, and see if that will do the job.
    You might need a tripod or stand of some sort to set an optimum
    distance and viewing angle, after camera enlargement is optimized for
    whole page.
    The protocol might be:
    1) put page in pre-marked area
    2) take picture
    3) use software to view picture, using "magnifier" and mouse
    4) repeat above as needed
    Robert Baer, Jun 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.