Need Techie help to change the world

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by john, Feb 20, 2005.

  1. john

    john Guest

    The site is freedocumentaries.org and we need someone to help our non
    profit by doing minor webmaster tasks and creating new
    torrents/trackers.

    We specialize in providing free downloadable documentary movies for
    anyone to see. We use torrent technology and are an important media
    source in these days of conglomerate censored mainstream media.

    Our current movies are

    Fahrenheit 911
    Votergate
    The Control Room
    Unprecedented: The Battle for President and the Undermining of
    Democracy in America
    PBS Frontline's The Choice 2004
    Afghan Massacre: Convoy of Death
    CBC's Dick Cheney Bio
    Going Up River: The Long War Of John Kerry
    CBC's Conspiracy Theories
    Deadline Iraq: Full Uncensored Stories of the War
    BBC's The Bush Family Fortunes : The Best Democracy Money Can Buy
    Uncovered: The war on Iraq
    Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism
    Le Monde Selon Bush
    (The World According To Bush)
    True Islam

    The movies we post are movies that the directors themselves want to get
    exposure to for altruistic purposes.

    We are looking for someone to help manage the torrents and change the
    format of movies/create torrents. We want to add more movies in more
    formats. They also should have html experience to help make adjustments
    on the site.

    VISIT THE SITE AND TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS IN AN EMAIL. This position is
    of no pay (since we make no revenues) so this is something that you
    should get involved in if you are looking to do something part time to
    make a real (small yet impactful) change in the world.

    Your effort could help educate hundreds of thousands of people! and you
    could make a real difference. Send resume with cover letter. You work
    from home 5-10 hours per week.

    email john at freedocumentaries.org

    john, Feb 20, 2005

  2. john

    Twisted One Guest

    This is a volunteer position, but you want resumes? Also, some of those
    films (notably Farenheit 9/11) are MPAA-owned, aren't they? I'm sure I
    saw that one advertised at the local cinema a few months back, which
    means its odds of having a creative commons license are about 10,000,000
    to 1 against. I should think there are lawsuit risks, even if all you
    host are trackers, and if you're hoping the volunteers actually seed
    some torrents, well ...

    Twisted One, Feb 20, 2005

  3. john

    AvengerĀ© Guest

    Don't you mean:

    AvengerĀ©, Feb 20, 2005
  4. john

    G. Morgan Guest

    x-post= gone.

    Subject: Re: Need Techie help to change the world
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => Twisted One <= wrote:

    Michael Moore has given permission to distribute Fahrenheit 9/11 freely.

    I don't know why the dolt wants resumes. It sounds like he wants people to
    build the torrents and seed them.

    G. Morgan, Feb 20, 2005
  5. john

    qwerty Guest

    The content of your site appears somewhat politically unbalanced.Why not ask
    some jihad organisation to help you out.I am sure Hamas have members who
    would be only to keen to assist in dissemenating your propaganda videos.

    qwerty, Feb 20, 2005
  6. john

    xpyttl Guest

    somewhat? You're being kind.

    xpyttl, Feb 20, 2005
  7. agree, all 1 sided.

    However, are there any documentaries about Bush not having relationships
    with the Saudis? Or his dad not having been the Asia Advisor for Carlyle
    Group, the self-proclaimed largest private equity investor in
    aerospace/defense?
    www.thecarlylegroup.com/eng/company/l3-company737.html#8
    http://www.thecarlylegroup.com/eng/industry/l2-industry495.html
    Or true doc's about Bush not having almost all his reasons for pre-emptive
    war being found false by the bi-partisan senate intel
    committee?intelligence.senate.gov/conclusions.pdf, or about Fox not having
    serious conflicts of politcal support, etc? It sure seems like important
    stuff for people to know about.

    I could have a long job of also gathering unpreferable facts about the
    Democratic party, since they're involved in million$ in corporate donations
    also. Maybe a focus on the greater gov't problems would be a better
    focus. Tho I think the extremeness of Bush's actions are a good intro for
    people to learn about the gov't problems; people need to start somewhere.

    Jon

    LearningGrowingSharing, Feb 24, 2005
  8. john

    Twisted One Guest

    Its campaign finance system has turned the US from a democracy into a
    plutocracy, basically, run by the highest bidder in effect. Petroleum
    interests make war on the middle east, big media makes war on its own
    customer base and the technology sector, and big business makes war on
    job security, labor organization, and consumer rights.

    I think the US has had its day and will shortly be superseded, although
    it won't be conquered with its potent military to defend it. More likely
    its fate will be like that of the British Empire rather than the Roman.
    Fortunately.

    Twisted One, Feb 24, 2005
  9. very interesting story on your site. and very shocking to find that parts
    of it are real or being planned.

    I'm interested in how far the US gov't/corporations can go, before there's
    some breaking point. The breaking point might be of them sacrificing the
    trust of "too many" to the degree that they can't proceed, or the breaking
    of enough freedoms that raises enough public knowledge and feeling. Maybe
    things will get worse before the majority notice and wake up and get
    passionate to change things. The changes to the rivers,water,and air is
    already damaging to the people who live in the US. I also wonder how their
    manipulation of the stock market will affect things... the US market is the
    largest *for the rest of the world also*

    LearningGrowingSharing, Feb 25, 2005
  10. john

    Twisted One Guest

    It's not actually my site, but thanks -- I do think attention must be
    paid to these issues. If we don't act now it's going to be too late, and
    it's our children and our children's children who will have to pay the
    price. (Apologies to someone who originally said that about something
    else, I think it was abrupt climate change.)

    Twisted One, Feb 25, 2005
  11. john

    Reaps Guest

    Striking similarity to the movie 9/11 doesn't one think.... I wonder where
    you developed your ideals? Mmmmm!

    Reaps, Feb 26, 2005
  12. facts are facts, regardless who says them, especially when sources
    themselves say something was true that's unpreferable to them.

    F* 911 isn't a movie to watch, without researching it later. Moore did say
    a few things that weren't fully accurate (the Florida 2000 voting was much
    more illegal than he explains, and he made it sound simplistic and
    misrepresented some things)

    thank goodness for the internet, where the people can actually share
    information and ideas, and not just be dependent on the mass media
    corporations! :)

    LearningGrowingSharing, Feb 26, 2005