Need suggestion on new windows game machine.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by # Fred #, Jan 14, 2007.

  1. # Fred #

    # Fred # Guest

    Existing computer is choppy so time to upgrade. Boy has a $1,000 budget on a
    new game machine. He already has everything outside of the computer case
    like monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. He also plays competitive action games
    on the internet.

    It must be able to run the new OS Vista and be able to run the new games at
    higher resolution smoothly. We will put together the parts (motherboard,
    cpu, video card, etc. together ourselves). So what manufacture and model you
    would recommend?

    Case
    Power supply
    Motherboard
    CPU
    Memory
    Disk drive
    DVD dual layer burner
    Video card
    Sound card

    Would $1,000 be enough for a mid level game machine plus the Vista upgrade?

    # Fred #, Jan 14, 2007

  2. # Fred #

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jan 15, 2007