    it. What I'm doing is planning my "retirement". I used to be a
    professional photographer a long time ago and would like to find a niche in
    that field now. Thanks.......

    +++Bobby \O\+++, Oct 15, 2005

  2. +++Bobby \O\+++

    eawckyegcy Guest

    +++Bobby "O"+++ trolls:
    On the one hand, you say it "doesn't have to be right now" and on the
    other hand, you want recommendations for "what's available now".

    Well, Mr. +++Bobby "O"+++, your first troll is a complete failure. You
    need to read the Rules. As a public service, I'll repeat them now:

    The first rule of trolling is: don't troll.

    The second rule of trolling is: don't troll.

    If someone clues onto your troll, the troll is over.

    Only one troll per newsgroup.

    Only one troll at a time.

    The troll goes on for as long as it needs to.

    If this is your first troll, try to make sense.

    For more information, see:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_club

    There are chapters in most cities.

    eawckyegcy, Oct 15, 2005

  3. +++Bobby \O\+++

    Proteus Guest

    If money is no object, you can buy a 12-15 megapixel digital SLR,
    essentially a medium format camera, with lots of lenses. Then get a kick
    ass computer fast as greased lightning, with a few gigs of RAM, and a 12"
    digital Pen tablet from Wacom.

    Proteus, Oct 15, 2005
  4. http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=10598

    Around $7,000.

    Figure on at least $3,000 more for lenses.

    580EX flash about $450.

    Memory card or cards at least $200

    Fast computer, software, printer, filters, tripod, spare battery, possibly a
    battery grip, remote release, etc.

    Charles Schuler, Oct 15, 2005
  5. I don't consider my posting "trolling." I'd like to know what's good 'now'
    so I can use it as a basis for comparison between now and when I decide to
    buy. When I decide to buy is up in the air and is dependent on a lot of
    variables.

    +++Bobby \O\+++, Oct 15, 2005
  6. +++Bobby \O\+++

    Gormless Guest

    With all your many other skills I'd have thought you capable of finding a
    few web sites to guide you.

    Gormless, Oct 15, 2005
  7. +++Bobby \O\+++

    eawckyegcy Guest

    +++Bobby "O"+++ top posts like a trolling goofball:
    Did you read the rules I posted? They specifically say that when
    someone clues into the troll, the troll is over.
    You still don't get it. Let me be blunt then: there is no evidence in
    hand that you have any money at all, let alone enough to buy
    photographic equipment at "top dollar". Even if you could produce such
    evidence, the fact still remains that your approach to the problem is
    completely without merit. If you want to buy "top dollar" "then", then
    why care what "top dollar" will purchase "now"?

    Your troll is over.

    eawckyegcy, Oct 17, 2005