    Can anyone recommend a good ISDN simulator for CCNP and CCIE
    study? Only unbiased opinions, please (no sales pitches).
    Thanks very much.

    Kent T., Dec 13, 2003

  2. Hi Kent !
    You have 2 general sensible options : ISND simulator, or real ISDN PBX

    For about 600$ : ISND simulator
    Example : http://www.cheapisdn.com/

    For about 200$ : real PBX PC ISA card
    Example :
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3446100674&category=8059,
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3370720371&category=9421

    The real issue is not really price, ISND simulator is handier but does
    it allow all usages needed for certification ? Of course real ISDN PBX
    will, although much less handy.

    Best regards.

    Eric LEMAITRE, Dec 14, 2003

  3. This card is really great, we have been using them for Cisco courses in
    several years, you may also find PRI-cards and analog cards. However,
    you alse need software, and that's not free...

    Also, as far as I know, they only support European ISDN. Check with the
    current manufacturer:

    http://www.tevitel.de/

    -Anders

    Anders Lagerqvist, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Kent T.

    Schmuck Guest

    Anders Lagerqvist:

    <snip>

    Ok.. completely offtopic.. but I just needed to say that "Lagerqvist"
    has to be the coolest surname I've come across in a long time.

    Some of us are just born lucky....

    Matt

    Schmuck, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Why is that?