    ntfs.sys file that is not corrupted. I think. Will someone email me the
    ntfs.sys file out of the amd64 directory on their disc?

    my email is peachsb(a+)bellsouth.net - thanks!

    Guest, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Guest

    Rick Guest

    In all honesty, you do not sound like you have any inkling about what
    you're doing, or trying to do.

    Rick, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Rick. Not sure how you can come by that analysis so quickly. God
    knows many people on this forum would dwarf me in their knowledge, but there
    are none I am aware of who are true experts that would ever belittle another.
    Insulting another is a immature and indicative of a low self esteem.
    Nonetheless, I still need help.

    The "idea" I had was to follow the same process I have done many times
    before with Win XP pro in creating an unattended setup disk. That process
    involves copying the OS install disk to the hard drive, and then recompiling
    it. I usually use a 3rd party application that simplifies the process (and I
    am sure would NOT work in this cas), but I have skimmed over the same
    procedure using the command line, and was hopeing for an outside chance that
    that would work. Obviously, if I am recompling the contents after being
    placed on the HD I could easily swap out any corrupt files in between.

    The easiest/best answer is to just download the iso and do a new cd burn,
    but I have been unable to finish the "order" from MS. Right as the ordering
    process seems to be complete, instead of a link or directions to download the
    iso, I get a message indicating that they are unable to provide me with a
    key. I really don't need the key, I have one. I just need the damn iso.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Guest

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    You are getting an error because of something other than the file
    corruption. If you downloaded the >iso from the Microsoft website, then you
    have a corrupted download. If you continue to get the error, even after
    another download, then that indicates an issue with RAM or the hard disk
    that you are trying to install to.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 9, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Must be the RAM or the hard disk because the disc was provided by MS and not
    a download.

    I have 4 stick of ram - 2 per cpu - I'll pull 1 stick each. Try it, swap
    and try it again. Then I'll try one disc at a time. If none of that works,
    I would find it hard to beleive it is the ram or hd.

    The hd's were functioning flawlessly before, so i am leaning toward ram.

    BTW, why is it so impossible that the ntfs file really is corrupted on a
    disc from MS? I have had bad files before on offical MS discs.

    And also, I am having no luck getting MS to allow me to download the file.
    I am not sure if it is because I already had them mail it to me or not.

    Thanks for the help! This page is on my laptop along side - I'll be here
    until I get it to work.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 9, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I T W A S T H E R A M !!!!!!

    obviously just got past the ntfs.sys crap - well see if it makes it the rest
    of the way.

    Thanks!

    Guest, Jun 9, 2005
  8. peach got up from the bar and shouted: :
    Recompiling it eh... I think the poster was correct. Are you sure you
    want the Windows XP64 newsgroup.. Perhaps your getting XP and Linux
    confused...

    Mark Gillespie, Jun 9, 2005