    the inherent memory leak that required the system to be rebooted
    occasionally.
    Opinion doesn't justify theft even if it's my opinion ;)

    Mac Cool, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Dan

    kony Guest

    So if I offer to sell you a tomato, but mail you an apple...
    if you come over and pick a tomato off my vine did you steal
    it?

    kony, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Dan

    Brooks Moses Guest

    Yes.

    Arguably you've also stolen his money, but two wrongs don't make a
    right.

    - Brooks

    Brooks Moses, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Dan

    kony Guest

    Nope.

    Once I have accepted payment he didn't.
    Arguably I've committed fraud, but there aren't TWO wrongs.

    Problem is, this applies to the concept of stealing but not
    directly to windows. Since MS never patched windows, one
    cannot "take" the tomato, and grabs a pear instead... that
    would be stealing, except that if I'd defrauded millions of
    people with my apple scheme, I'd be in prison already.
    There's the double-standard, MS appears to be above the law.

    kony, Jan 22, 2005