    better Y-splitter (Maybe one designed for digital Coaxial) please let
    me know, your opinions are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    Tom, May 15, 2004

  2. Coax and RCA cables have completely different grounding/shielding and
    impedence characteristics. If you want to preserve your precious signals,
    don't mix 'n' match the two.

    If you must split the coax signal, then get a coax signal splitter (possibly
    with a signal amplifier). You'll be a lot more pleased with the result.

    Colon Terminus, May 18, 2004

  3. Tom

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    A "coaxial digital" cable is an RCA video cable (the yellow one, not the
    red or white ones) with a different name on the packaging and a higher
    price tag. Both are 75 ohms and are manufactured identically. Any
    decently-shielded (not the cheapo crap that comes packaged free with
    your VCR or DVD player) 75 ohm RCA cable will function just fine as a
    coaxial digital cable.

    Joshua Zyber, May 18, 2004
  4. Thanks to you, I'm now enlightened. In my previous life, coaxial digital
    cable referred to RG59 or RG6 coaxial cables with BNC connectors.

    Colon Terminus, May 18, 2004