Need Immediate help on asp.net with oracle 10g

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tushardave, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. tushardave

    tushardave Guest

    HI,

    I am subscriber of these group and i need immediate help for my problem

    My problem as under

    I am using Asp.net "aspx" and Database is oracle 10g

    I am storing a "jpeg","jpg","img" all image file in to database using
    asp.net application
    and also read it from database and view in the aspx page- these done
    successfully

    but now i face the problem that i have to store a different format file
    like "word file"
    ,"mpeg" ".dmp" and also any format that i want to store in database
    and

    view it to its original format as it store.
    how can i do?

    i am using "asp.net " code behind " aspx.vb" and db is oracle 10g

    please sent me code or any kind of help on my id
    -""

    also cc to ""

    thanks in advance to all user of these groups

    i hope all members try to help me , thanx

    tushardave, Jan 23, 2006

  2. tushardave

    Duane Arnold Guest

    So what happened to ADO.NET in all of this? I don't store the type of data
    that you store to database tables but using ADO.NET and the ADO.NET
    provider Oracle should provide something.

    Maybe, you should check with a .NET NG.

    And if you're reading and writing data direct to/from the database from the
    code behind file, then that's a no no and you should be using a class or
    instantiate the class/object on the data layer to persist the data to the
    database.

    The ASP.NET program is for UI presentation and so is the code behind file
    with the code behind file making calls to that database layer objects to
    persist data or retrieve data from the database tables to present to the
    ASP.NET UI.

    Duane :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 23, 2006