    get the cable from Philips? Or any other suggestions? I like the notebook
    and hate to scrap it because of a faulty little cable. Any help would be
    gratefully accepted. thanks. Mark

    md, Nov 11, 2004

  2. md

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I buy used laptop parts on eBay. That display is listed: maybe the seller
    has the cable as well? Item 6721316426
    and see 6720394199 as well.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 12, 2004

  3. md

    md Guest

    THANKS. How can i find out if the N-series 15 inch screen ribbon cable will
    work on my XH555?

    mark

    md, Nov 12, 2004
  4. md

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Dunno - maybe the guy on eBay has enough info to be able to help. I have a
    number of Dell Inspiron 7000 and 7500 models, and have found that the parts
    are interchangable with other units.

    | THANKS. How can i find out if the N-series 15 inch screen ribbon cable
    will
    | work on my XH555?
    |
    | mark
    | | >I buy used laptop parts on eBay. That display is listed: maybe the seller
    | > has the cable as well? Item 6721316426
    | > and see 6720394199 as well.

    | > | screen and the motherboard has a crimp or a break and works
    | > intermittently.
    | > | We opened up the unit and can see the problem replicate by moving the
    | > cable
    | > | at the kink where it goes thru the hinge. It starts out as a ribbon
    | > cable
    | > | where it fits into the screen and then becomes twisted into a smaller
    | > cable
    | > | and then ends in a connector. HP tells me they cannot send me the
    cable
    | > | [although the guy, in India, wanted to give me a 900 number to call
    that
    | > he
    | > | said would cost about $40 to find out about the part.--jeesh]. The
    | > screen
    | > | is a philips (15 inch, I think) P/N 6091L-0047E. Is there any
    exchange
    | > | system around where people collect dead laptops to part them out? Or
    | > can
    | > | get the cable from Philips? Or any other suggestions? I like the
    | > notebook
    | > | and hate to scrap it because of a faulty little cable. Any help
    would
    | > be
    | > | gratefully accepted. thanks. Mark
    | > |