Need help with VPN tunnel

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by Bill, May 5, 2010.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have an internal network that uses 10.0.0.1 with a subnet of 255.255.0.0

    I need to install a Cisco 2801 with AISK9 installed and connect to another
    site using VPN through this 2801.

    Can I assign the Cisco 2801 a static IP of 10.0.0.150 and connect it to my
    static IP modem ?

    Right now all traffic routes through the 10.0.0.1 gateway.

    I need to send specific data through the VPN I will be establishing on this
    separate Internet static IP that is not part of the existing network.

    I have never done this before. Will I need to send the data to the internal
    IP of the router, or once the VPN is connected, will I have to send to the
    static IP at the other end of the VPN ?

    Thanks for the help.

    And if anyone can tell me where I can get the S28AISK9 or CD28-AISK9
    software cheap that would be real helpful.

    I did not know that without buying the additional software the router is a
    2,000 dollar paperweight.

    Thanks again

    http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

    Bill, May 5, 2010