Need Help With VLAN config on 6500 w/Sup2 Blade

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by BitBucket, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. BitBucket

    BitBucket Guest

    Hello all. I am needing to set up a number of security vlans on our
    cat6500. These vlans will only need to communicate with a DNS/Domain
    controller on VLAN 1. All other traffic needs to be restricted. We have a
    cat6500 with just the default VLAN set up now. Its has a default route
    pointing to our PIX.

    The IP address of our cat is 172.16.1.1 255.255.0.0
    The IP address of our PIX is 172.16.1.2 255.255.0.0
    The IP address of our DNS server is 172.16.2.1 255.255.0.0

    Obviously will need to assign each VLAN its own subnet. So am I right in
    assuming that to do this, the easiest way would be to change the mask from a
    /16 to a /24? Then I could have a max of 255 vlans (which will be more than
    I ever need).

    Anyways, can anyone help me figure out how to set these up and provide
    access only to the DNS server at 172.16.2.1 and the internet?

    Thank you so very much!!!

    BitBucket, Nov 16, 2003