Need help with Media Player/Firefox. Gone over steps already andam stuck.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Christopher Bogart, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. I know this has been discussed before, but I'm stuck.

    Some time ago in IE, I deleted items in "View Objects" under Internet
    Options.

    Since that time, I've been unable to view video files on several
    websites in IE & Firefox using MP 9/10.

    Tested different sites. For example, Foxnews.com works fine with IE, but
    not FF. Neither work for Cnn & Amazon.

    Here's my info:

    XP Professional (SP1a)
    Firefox 1.0.7
    Media Player 10

    The Active X & Media player plugin do test successfully from
    http://members.aol.com/jrzycrim01/mozilla/wmp/wmpaxtest.html

    On Amazon, the player loads but doesn't play. Right clicking shows
    'Properties' greyed out. Error details is also greyed out.

    I thought it might have to do with maybe an out of date codec, but
    doesn't seem that way.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Christopher Bogart, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Christopher Bogart