Need help with image trailing n MPEG2 stream

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dmitriy, Dec 26, 2004.

  1. Dmitriy

    Dmitriy Guest

    Hi All!

    I have a problem with my Hauppauge MCE2005 hardware mpeg2 encoding
    card. Please have a look at the pictures linked to.

    www.fmpc.co.uk/capture1.jpg
    www.fmpc.co.uk/capture2.jpg

    As can be seen there is a clear trail behind fast moving part of the
    picture (I can see 3 ghosts behind). It was a pain to capture an
    overlay picture but this is a single frame! Meaning that every frame
    has a long trail encoded into it. When there are not many highlighted
    edgest on the screen or the image is blurred the effect is minimal but
    when there is a face shown on the large part of the picture and it is
    moving it looks like JELLY moving around the hair and skin (with all
    the trails).

    It was suggested that I change the PCI latency on my MOBO but the
    minimum I have is 32 and I can see no reason why it would have any
    effect.

    Can anyone suggest anything else?

    Thanks

    Dmitriy, Dec 26, 2004

  2. Dmitriy

    doS Guest

    WHAT ..are your capture settings?

    doS, Dec 26, 2004

  3. Dmitriy

    Dmitriy Guest

    I cannot change my settings... And cannot see them. The setting is
    supposedly hardwired into Hauppauge and then can only be decreased for
    data storage purposes. Whilst TV is watched live it always goes at max
    data rate but still has this problem.

    Dmitriy, Dec 27, 2004