    someone on one of these two groups could help me.

    TIA.

    Dick Snyder

    Dick Snyder, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Do these help, Dick?

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaa2/page11.asp

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaa200/page5.asp

    The write rates of today's CF cards (9MB/s or better) usually exceed the
    ability of this class of camera.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Dick Snyder

    Dick Snyder Guest

    Thanks David, Those do help. It looks like the limit is on the camera memory
    to CF transfer speed (contrary to what I thought) so I woiuld be wasting
    money to get anything super fast as the camera can only transfer at
    760KB/sec.

    Dick
    "David J Taylor"

    Dick Snyder, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Dick Snyder

    Dick Snyder Guest

    David,

    I ended my reply post too soon. I meant to add that even the A200 would not
    warrant buying a super high performance CF.

    Dick

    "David J Taylor"

    Dick Snyder, Aug 13, 2005
  5. But one advantage you may get is in faster transfers between the memory
    card and the PC. I would recommend something like the SanDisk Ultra II
    with a write speed of 9MB/s and a read speed of 10MB/s (IIRC, so-called
    60X and 66X compared to a 1X CD!).

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 13, 2005
  6. Dick Snyder

    Dick Snyder Guest

    That sounds like an excellent recommendation David. I think I will do
    exactly that. I can get a better price than going for the SanDisk Extreme.
    The SanDisk II 1GB card is just about $85 in the US vs around $120 for the
    Extreme.

    Thanks.

    Dick
    "David J Taylor"

    Dick Snyder, Aug 13, 2005
  7. Dick Snyder

    Cordovero Guest

    You can the Ritek 150x for the same price. Try supermediastore.com

    Cordovero, Aug 13, 2005
  8. Dick Snyder

    Cordovero Guest

    Cordovero, Aug 13, 2005
  9. Dick Snyder

    Dick Snyder Guest

    Ooops. I just looked at the Konica Minolta website. They say that the
    Sandisk SDCFB series cards are the biggest (and fastest) SanDisk cards that
    will work with the KM DiAMAGE A2 or A200 cameras. I don't know how to tell
    if their website is just not up to date or if in fact I need to go to these
    smaller (and slower I think) cards. Does anyone know a good resource that
    will let me find out for sure?

    Dick Snyder

    "David J Taylor"

    Dick Snyder, Aug 13, 2005