need help: to switch from software router on Solaris to Cisco 4000-M

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kay, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Kay

    Kay Guest

    im currently running Solaris 8 with ipfilter and a 4port ethernet card ..
    I only have 1 ip and i use NAT and have a DMZ with a mail server/web
    server/pop server

    basic ascii setup of my setup looks like..

    Internet (fiber to ethernet) ------port 0 on ethernet
    Firewall by ipfilter
    port 1 goes to my private
    network (192.168.0.x)
    DHCP server on port 1
    port 2 goes to my DMZ
    network (192.168.1.x)
    mail server/web server lives
    on 192.168.1.11

    so i picked up a Cisco 4000M with 2 2port ethernet cards to replace it , it
    has 8 megs of flash and 16 megs of ram and can get whichever version of IOS
    i need ,

    anyway some help with the config of the cisco would be awesome.. according
    to configmaker 2.6 , it wont let me redirect all DNS/Web server/mailserver
    entries to my SINGLE ip to my DMZ zone of 192.168.1.l1 , complains about NAT
    running on the DMZ zone ..

    any help would be appreciated here

    also what version of IOS/Feature set do i want to run here?

    i need firewall capable(is access lists enough?), need NAT/PAT ,dhcp server

    regards

    Kay, Jul 13, 2003