Need Help setting up T1 on CISCO 2610

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by bramsey3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. bramsey3

bramsey3

Have two cisco 2610 routers, 12.3 IOS, WIC T1 CSU/DSU.

I am currently trying to get them to function in a lab environment before I deploy them to the feild. I have made a T1 crossover cable to connect the WIC's of the 2 routers.

The first routers ethernet interface will connect to the optional port on a sonicwall TZ170 firewall that will provide DHCP, access to the internet and access to my Active Directory windows server. I have the DHCP scope 192.168.11.x assigned to the optional port. the other ethernet ports on the firewall are assigned to 192.168.8.x. which is where the AD server is. I have my computer on the 11.x side right now and can go anywhere and do anything as if I were on the 8.x side.

On the second router I will have a 10/100 switch connected to the ethernet port. The switch will provide connectivity for 5 computer and some other devices (printers etc.)

I need to be able to provide DHCP, Internet and access to the AD server over this T1 and also be able to access a computer from one side to the other and vice/versa.(\\computername\c$).

I am not a network guy so I employed the skills of a friend who has cisco training. We have been able to get access from the console of one router to a computer on the opposite router and vice/versa but never from one computer to the other or the internet or DHCP or active directory.

Said friend employed the skills of two network engineer co-workers to try and resolve the issue. All have given good comments but none have worked. Even tried the cisco configmaker with no success.

Anyone have a working configuration like the one above that would be willing to post or email the config settings? The post below seems to be what I need but won't know until morning. I have emailed the post to my friend for review. Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32027-bridgingrouting-configuraiton-over-t1.html

bramsey3, Aug 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question