Need Help setting up T1 on CISCO 2610

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by bramsey3, Aug 11, 2006.

  1. bramsey3

    bramsey3

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Have two cisco 2610 routers, 12.3 IOS, WIC T1 CSU/DSU.

    I am currently trying to get them to function in a lab environment before I deploy them to the feild. I have made a T1 crossover cable to connect the WIC's of the 2 routers.

    The first routers ethernet interface will connect to the optional port on a sonicwall TZ170 firewall that will provide DHCP, access to the internet and access to my Active Directory windows server. I have the DHCP scope 192.168.11.x assigned to the optional port. the other ethernet ports on the firewall are assigned to 192.168.8.x. which is where the AD server is. I have my computer on the 11.x side right now and can go anywhere and do anything as if I were on the 8.x side.

    On the second router I will have a 10/100 switch connected to the ethernet port. The switch will provide connectivity for 5 computer and some other devices (printers etc.)

    I need to be able to provide DHCP, Internet and access to the AD server over this T1 and also be able to access a computer from one side to the other and vice/versa.(\\computername\c$).

    I am not a network guy so I employed the skills of a friend who has cisco training. We have been able to get access from the console of one router to a computer on the opposite router and vice/versa but never from one computer to the other or the internet or DHCP or active directory.

    Said friend employed the skills of two network engineer co-workers to try and resolve the issue. All have given good comments but none have worked. Even tried the cisco configmaker with no success.

    Anyone have a working configuration like the one above that would be willing to post or email the config settings? The post below seems to be what I need but won't know until morning. I have emailed the post to my friend for review. Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32027-bridgingrouting-configuraiton-over-t1.html

    bramsey3, Aug 11, 2006