need help on the shoals of Norton System Works.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by oldman, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. oldman

    oldman Guest

    Installed it.

    On reboot, it should bring up an activation window.

    It doesn't!

    Go to support site, as any reasonable user would.

    It says: if all else fails, double click on the NSW icon; call up the
    wizard and follow him to the promised land.

    Double click on the icon gets nothing in return.

    I reread the box in which this program came. It says 24/7 support
    online. What a lot of crap.

    It's McAfee for me.

    Any ideas why the activation window doesn't show?

    oldman, Apr 29, 2004

  2. oldman

    oldman> Guest

    Should have mentioned that I'm xp'n

    oldman>, Apr 30, 2004

  3. uninstall NSW.

    William's Hung, Apr 30, 2004
  4. oldman

    oldman Guest

    Yeah, I've done that about 3 times.

    I thought maybe firewall was the problem, so I dumped it also, and
    still no luck.

    Bummer that you can't contact a human at Symantec.

    oldman, Apr 30, 2004
  5. oldman

    Boomer Guest

    oldman did say:
    Posted earlier this week by 'Bishoop'. "Subject: Re: Looking for
    Symantec Support Phone Number"

    http://www.google.com/groups?q=phone+"Symantec"+group:24hoursupport
    ..helpdesk&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&c2coff=1&safe=off&scoring=d&selm=108r8t4fdlg61d7%40news.supernews.com
    &rnum=2

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3D851B28

    Googles text archives at:
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    But I would uninstall Norton/Symantec products. They seem to cause
    more problems then they are worth.

    Freeware is better. ;)

    Boomer, Apr 30, 2004