Need help on bandwidth management

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pfisterfarm, Dec 8, 2009.

  1. pfisterfarm

    pfisterfarm Guest

    I've got a remote site connected to the central site for Internet
    access via 2 T1s to an ATM network. Voice has been allocated 800k of
    this bandwidth, and the rest is data. Network usage at this particular
    site has been growing within the past couple of months and at times
    bandwidth has been maxed out. I need some way to make sure bandwidth
    is allocated fairly. I'd like to be able to add more capacity, but
    that's not going to be possible right now.

    One of the first things I thought of was unicast storm-control. If I
    went this route, I'm not sure what parameters to use. Right now, some
    ports are set to an upper limit of 5%, and some are set to 5k pps (the
    default value, I believe). This was all set up before I started here,
    and I've never really given it much though until this project came
    along. It looks like the upstream connection for that site rarely gets
    over 450 pps to the central site.

    Questions:
    - Is unicast storm-control a good option here, or should I look at
    others?
    - If I do use it, can someone point me to where I can find some help
    on the best settings to use in this particular environment?

    pfisterfarm, Dec 8, 2009